1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I would have a used a 3 gang meter socker

·
Banned
549 Posts
Just a tip, turn the SE cable around the next time. You have the inside of the coil facing out which is why you see all those ripples. If you flip it thn the smoother side will face out, no ripples.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had bad experiences the past couple times with getting ganged meter sockets from billows, so this time we just went with a trough. It was originally 4 meters but the owner changed last minute and was combining two apartments

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
A 3 gang meter socket costs lots of money. 3 free meters cost free.
I didnt know PSEG gave free meter sockets, I always buy them, how much aggravation is there to get them

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
electricalwiz said:
I didnt know PSEG gave free meter sockets, I always buy them, how much aggravation is there to get them
None at all just go to moorestown and ask

·
Banned
549 Posts
Walk in with permit in hand, they stamp it and you pick up whatever you need from the shelf. Meter pans with meter hub, different style POA's, cable wire to hold the overhead neutral line (like a wedge clamp but what the PoCo uses), and meter adapters.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
electricalwiz said:
Really that is good to know, but I am hour from Moorestown, just earier for me to buy them
We get them like 10 at a time when we go so you can always have them on hand

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Walk in with permit in hand, they stamp it and you pick up whatever you need from the shelf. Meter pans with meter hub, different style POA's, cable wire to hold the overhead neutral line (like a wedge clamp but what the PoCo uses), and meter adapters.
They give you all that, that might be worth it now. Do they also have multi gang meter sockets? what about with the breaker encloures

·
Banned
549 Posts
They give you all that, that might be worth it now. Do they also have multi gang meter sockets? what about with the breaker encloures
AFAIK, the biggest they provide is a 2-gang meter pan. If you need 3 or more you have to do as the OP did and get individual pans.

They do not provide meter/mains (meter pans with breaker enclosure inside).

1 - 20 of 70 Posts