Electrician Talk banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Banned
39,206 Posts
The wiremold box and outlet I posted on the first page is great, legal, and can be painted any color and used with a brown plate and device.

I keep that kit on the truck and it often comes in handy.

·
Work Speaks for Itself
129 Posts
ive read page 1 and the last page [3], missed page 2 because i replied to some dumb **** on page 1 before i got to the end lmfao. but here i am. ive done this sort of thing before a few times.

the easiest thing to do and use, 1; make sure[size/depth of box] where your putting the box in, does not interfere with the drawers, 2; make sure your wire feeding said box is 'protected', that could mean BX or flex conduit. 3rdly; you have two options using a 'type' of device box... u can use a retrofit ie it has a tab on the top and bottom for a total of 4screws to secure it or a drywall retrofit , ie it has wings on it that tighten closer to the inside-out that only requires you to turn two screws to secure with wings to the surface etc.

·
Work Speaks for Itself
129 Posts
as for cutting the hole out, i would definately use a dremel or recip type tool with a spade cutting disc etc.. you'll kno what i mean.

lmfao, under no condition should you ever use a sawsall to cut cupboards etc

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
I generally use a multi tool to cut in a plastic remodel box and protect the wire with carflex.

Take the screws out of the wings and screw them in at an angle to catch the wood.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts