Electrician Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to figure out if there is some sort of equation I can use to figure out exactly how many outlets and lights I can have on the same breaker, online it says most lights pull about 60 watts but the box for the lights I have says 12 and I was just wondering if anyone can confirm this or am I reading it wrong because I’m adding 5 outlets and it says to account for about 1.5 amp per outlet so that’s 7.5 so that leaves me with 12.5 amps for lights, now google says about 120 watts per amp at 120(watts)x12.5(amps left) I should be able to add up to 125 lights on this circuit, I thought that seemed a little crazy but I figured there had to be someone in here who could tell me if I’m missing something or anything, thanks in advance!

·
Band Member
DIYer Extrodinaire
7,948 Posts
you're really bad at math, hire someone unless you really don't like your wife and kids.

Really thou, could Google be wrong ?? I mean, It's Google ... they know everything !

Reactions: Jimmyltd

·
Administrator
Retired EC
23,893 Posts
Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. However, working with electricity and electrical systems can be unsafe if not done by a professional licensed electrician. The moderators of this site would like to advise you to contact a professional electrician in your area. If you are permitted by law in your area to do your own electrical work, please sign up at our sister site, www.DIYChatroom.com where many of our professionals are also members and are looking forward to assist you with your needs. Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/ We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.