Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Maybe I'm weird, but I have the $30 Klein one and I love it. I get very clean holes in drywall and ceiling tile with it.

The only problem I ever have is other guys trying to borrow it, try to go through a ceiling tile like a rabid pitbull, then bitch about how MY tool sucks when the tile gets destroyed. :laughing:

·
Registered
431 Posts
I use one like this and it's pretty good... does a clean cut and keeps all the dust in the container.

I used to work for a guy who used one for a little while. After a couple of holes it would leave a ring on drop ceiling tiles.

I've pretty much just always used a keyhole saw. I also use my m12 jigsaw.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
I used to work for a guy who used one for a little while. After a couple of holes it would leave a ring on drop ceiling tiles.
A little dark ring where the rubber touches the ceiling? yeah I've had that too.. gotta keep it clean and if it leaves a dark ring, just use a wet cloth to wipe it off.

Wish it wouldn't do that, but all in all, that's not too bad.

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
Yeah I agree, using a hole saw and running it in reverse works better anything at blow dust throughout a room and making a huge mess.

Plus there could be asbestos in the drywall, drywall tape or spray texture.. I don't want that dust and asbestos blowing up in my face and down my lungs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.