Electrician Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,981 Posts
That's a big room. Any chance you can do one at each end? The heat will be a little more even that way.

Using my normal rules of thumb, I'm calculating you'll need about 2200 watts of heat in that space.

Cadet and Marley are two popular brands of fan forced flush heaters. I'd probably use what the local HVAC or electrical supply house sells, though. They all suck about the same. It more or less comes down to price.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a big room. Any chance you can do one at each end? The heat will be a little more even that way.

Using my normal rules of thumb, I'm calculating you'll need about 2200 watts of heat in that space.

Cadet and Marley are two popular brands of fan forced flush heaters. I'd probably use what the local HVAC or electrical supply house sells, though. They all suck about the same. It more or less comes down to price.
Thanks. My local supply house doesn't carry the one I have experience with. I could do one at each end but the homowner is looking for cheap as he is selling the house.

·
Estwing magic
27,536 Posts
Not enough information to size the heater. If this is just supplemental heat, 2KW its lots. If it's a stone cold room with crappy insulation, etc., 2KW may struggle. If you use the 2000/4000W heater (or 1500/3000) you can always switch from 120 to 240 by changing the breaker.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.