Electrician Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starbucks brews wireless cell phone charging

In a strategic move that gives consumers yet another reason to waltz into the store, Starbucks and Duracell Powermat on Thursday will announce they've begun a national rollout of wireless phone chargers in Starbucks and Teavana locations.

Starting at stores in the San Francisco Bay Area, consumers will be able to set their cellphones down on designated spots on their tabletop, and their batteries will charge as they eat, drink, read or chat. No plugs. No cables. No cost. No joke.

Over the next three years, more than 100,000 table chargers — built-in Powermat charge pads — will be installed in Starbucks' 7,500 company-owned stores in the U.S. That's about a dozen per store.

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol for real! I really like Starbucks coffee, but damn is it expensive and any kind of specialty drink requires a large amount of credit on your card to pay for it.

Starbucks is huge out here (Vancouver, Canada).. every one I go in is packed with people on iPhones, iPads and MacBooks. And they all have their $7 drink too.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,311 Posts
Meanwhile over at the 7-11 the small size Red Bull cans of chemical pie that get macmikeoldfart moving around the jobsites like he was 17 yrs old all day long, cost under 3 bucks and I can charge my old Samsung flip phone in my van....

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
Meanwhile over at the 7-11 the small size Red Bull cans of chemical pie that get macmikeoldfart moving around the jobsites like he was 17 yrs old all day long, cost under 3 bucks and I can charge my old Samsung flip phone in my van....
I like the red ones. And Monster Ultra Red. Mmmmm chemicals.

·
Senile Member
35,311 Posts
Interesting old phone there Frunk. The only ones I ever saw that were still in use , not just for display purposes, in real use---- Were in Ontario Canada.....................

·
Light Emitting Decoration
1,323 Posts
Duracell power mat isn't really wireless. They were never a big hit and quickly went to clearance sale.

You don't just set the phone down. You have to dock your phone into a special cradle which holds the secondary which sets atop the table that has the primary coil buried underneath.

·
Senile Member
35,311 Posts
Macmikeman's surf troll camp coffee recipe from the good old days when living in chithole rental crashpads along the North Shore and no real employment means - Heat up water in the only pot you can find around your hovel. When water nearing boil, but not there, toss a small handfull of coffee grounds in the water. As soon as they stop floating and drop to the bottom of the pan, you have your coffee ready. Drink up. Now go out and water the ''plants'' , harvest season is nigh.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.