Electrician Talk banner

Reciprocity question

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Majewski 
#1 ·
I'm wondering if it's possible to "piggyback" reciprocal licenses to get the one you want. I've got a Washington license, which is now reciprocal with Oregon again. I'm trying to get a Wyoming license, which is reciprocal with Oregon, but not Washington. Can I do this?

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum.

Please see the link below. A profile is required here at Electrician Talk. Please make sure to include occupation and general location.

#7 ·
I can’t speak first hand but, my brother traveled in multiple jurisdictions. He had to take a journeyman test in OK.
He was good for any states OK had agreements with. If he worked in a state that didn’t recognize OK, he had to take that states test. I don’t think very many people failed the tests.
it’s best to just plan to take the tests and not try to hustle your way into someone’s jurisdiction.

#8 ·
Answering your above question, No. .License Reciprocity from State to State, doesn't work that way. Your original License, being WA State. Though your WA certification, you went and obtained Oregon License through "reciprocity".. Long story, made short.. Your Oregon licensing through this reciprocity, it's only valid in Oregon. It can't be used for reciprocity w/ Wyoming.. Now, if you had sat & actually tested for Oregon certification, then you could Reciprocate the Oregon License, w/ Wyoming. Or if Washington State was in reciprocity w/ Wyoming ( a exam you sat for) then Reciprocity would possible.. Basics in explanation : You can't reciprocity, w/a License obtained through Reciprocity.. No "piggyback"..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.