Electrician Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am Interested in joining the trade!
I have thought about this decision for a while now, and I have my mind set.

I am asking what books/online courses/programs would you recommend for a trainee?
I am open to all suggestions and recommendations:thumbup:

Thank you!:)

-MOBRichard (17 Years Old)

·
Rest In Peace
6,298 Posts

I am asking what books/online courses/programs would you recommend for a trainee?

IIRC Ugly books is a good start. Tom Henry, Mike Holt are others.

·
Premium Member
7,413 Posts
What part of Calif. are in in ? Your profile says that you are 3x World Karate Champion !! So if I give you a job, I would have to watch my mouth lol !!

·
THE "BIG RED MACHINE"
3,416 Posts
go to library get electrical related books Solar books.

if you have the aptitude go to 4 year college get an electrical engineer degree,Industrial Electrical Engineer degree maybe?

·
Senior Lurker
1,310 Posts
The Mike Holt books were easy to soak in. Get the copy of NEC your jurisdiction is using also. I used to have a copy of an Electricians Dictionary that was pretty handy. Dont remember the name though. Helped as a study aid when a term came up in a section I was reading but wasnt in the glossary.

·
Registered
659 Posts

Ugly's field guides basically got me through my first year of being an apprentice in the field (after vocational school). I would definitely recommend BOCES or whatever school you have in your area. Glad to see some other young guys in the trade.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ugly's field guides basically got me through my first year of being an apprentice in the field (after vocational school). I would definitely recommend BOCES or whatever school you have in your area. Glad to see some other young guys in the trade.
Does it matter what year edition? I see there is a 2002 and a 2008.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts