Electrician Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,981 Posts
If it's the one with the hose, I just unscrew the fitting off the far end of the hose and squirt it in there.

Reactions: Bbsound and dronai

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
If its the 767, hook up the ram, take cylinder screw cover off, take screw out from cylinder, fill with hydraulic oil and keep fluid over cylinder reservoir, while in upright position pump fluid into ram keep adding fluid to keep reservoir full. After ram is full let fluid back into reservoir and repeat a few times to bleed air out. After no more bubbles, reinstall screw. The key is to not let air get back into reservoir by letting fluid get below the filler hole.

·
Premium Member
7,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you tried to order replacement seals for it?
Not yet

I have to look up the instructions every damn time I do it.

The last time, I ****ed around and made a big mess by sucking it in thru the small hole while pulling the handle up :jester:
Yeah, made a big ass mess

Unscrew the bottom, it has a line inside that shows you the proper level for the oil

Sent from my SGH-I337M using electriciantalk.com mobile app
Didn't see that line. The bottom cylinder looks like its not the reservoir

Download the manual from greenlee.
Borrowed tool

If its the 767, hook up the ram, take cylinder screw cover off, take screw out from cylinder, fill with hydraulic oil and keep fluid over cylinder reservoir, while in upright position pump fluid into ram keep adding fluid to keep reservoir full. After ram is full let fluid back into reservoir and repeat a few times to bleed air out. After no more bubbles, reinstall screw. The key is to not let air get back into reservoir by letting fluid get below the filler hole.
I think this is what was needed to be done. The screw from the bottom opening looks like the best way to get into the reservoir. The seals were not letting us build up any pressure though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.