Electrician Talk banner

Refusing final payment

3K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  LARMGUY 
#1 ·
So I have a HI GC today whom I finally got his Underwriters in refusing a simple final payment of $750. He's demanding i give him his paperwork:laughing::laughing::laughing: . I gave him until the close of Monday before i go to the town and withdraw the permit and have the stop work order issued.

The phone just rang, I'm leaving to get my money.:thumbup:

#4 ·
My inspector called me enroute, this clown actually called my inspector asking to have the certificate filed in his name and sent to him. We need to form a "black list" amongst ourselves naming problem contractors and customers. I will start first," T & A construction, Lido beach, NY.

#5 ·
Shock, I don't understand the details of the post. What's a HI GC? When you say you got his Underwriters by refusing a simple final payment, was it a short payment and what's an Underwriters?

I guess my mind is going, I'm confused. :icon_confused:

Congrats on getting your money.

#9 ·
HI GC.. home improvement general contractor

Underwritters.. final inspection certificate.. can only be made out to who filed original inspection form.. that would be Doc..

Once you hand over the final certificate..(Underwritters).. you are screwed if the GC refuses to make final payment..

#10 ·
Shockdoc said:
My inspector called me enroute, this clown actually called my inspector asking to have the certificate filed in his name and sent to him. We need to form a "black list" amongst ourselves naming problem contractors and customers. I will start first," T & A construction, Lido beach, NY.
I think he might be able to sue now for slander. Lol

#18 ·
Another thing.. once you get final certificate issued.. the clock starts to tick..

You have (90) days to file a mechanics lien on the property for non-payment.. after that you are SOL.. :censored::censored:

I have more to add about that at another time.. :thumbsup:

#21 ·
I ate it, just want it behind me. They have problems coming with the work there, the old main murray rooftop main breaker is failing. Hope it fails on their opening day.:laughing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.