Electrician Talk banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
I came across a few panels lately with rejection inserts on the claws. Murray and ite. I was able to bash the whole assembly out with a hammer and screwdriver.
Homeline has a small tab off aluminum at the bottom of the stab thar rejects brands other than it's own and Murray. By snipping the tab off any brand will fit a homeline panel of your in a bind. I still remember a penna inspector who got all mad at me for doing it with ge breakers.

Reactions: MHElectric

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Homeline has a small tab off aluminum at the bottom of the stab thar rejects brands other than it's own and Murray. By snipping the tab off any brand will fit a homeline panel of your in a bind. I still remember a penna inspector who got all mad at me for doing it with ge breakers.
If you dont rig something up every now and again, you aren't getting much done. :laughing:

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Not necessarily what I like to associate with installing a breaker but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do to get it done I guess.
I can't help giggling doing this as the homeowner looks on.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.