Electrician Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone work with a reliable company that rents electrical testing equipment such as flir, hot sticks, 15kv dielectric test set's. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Intellirent

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Electrorent

Been with them since they were GE RENTS, I think their main number still spells 1-800-GE RENTS

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
You have the experience to utilize the equipment, 13.2 will take quite a bit of equipment, subbing is often a better alternative. Unless you are set on doing it yourself.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bad Electrician said:
You have the experience to utilize the equipment, 13.2 will take quite a bit of equipment, subbing is often a better alternative. Unless you are set on doing it yourself.
I wouldn't dare take on a project like that without the experience. This is the first time my company has had an opportunity to take a project like this on. But personally I have done plenty of projects of this type, and I would consider myself more then qualified to handle it. I am asking about rentals because it is not cost effective for me to purchase this type of equipment because the volume of these types of projects is not there yet, and I'm sure the next question is going to "be do I have the insurance to cover this type of work?"and the answer is yes, I sorted that out before I took this job on.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I work for a decent size company. We install this type of equipment all the time.

When it comes to High voltage testing, it always gets subbed out. We don't do any High voltage terminations either. We have in the past, now it is not even a thought. Their price must be right?

480v and bellow we megger test as per the specs of the job. A log book is created and handed over at the end, with the close out documents.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts