Electrician Talk banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
Install, troubleshoot, maintain, and upgrade electrical systems, plant utilities, PLC's, mechanical
832 Posts
and who's finding the bump? the electrician? I know where the box is but I'm not cutting the sheetrock.
Depends on if it is a commercial or residential job.

Commercial job, I take a hammer and pop a hole where the box is.

Residential job, I marked the floor when laying out where boxes go, so I know where it should be. I notify the home owner. I tell him I'm a lousy sheetrocker and let him handle it.

·
Estwing magic
27,288 Posts
I have an acute intolerance for other trades who screw up my day. Smashing drywall, however, isn’t something I do. Sending an invoice for screwing up my day isn’t something I do either, unless I get clearance first that I will actually get paid. Maybe in some fantasy world every invoice sent gets paid but not in the fantasy world I live in.

·
Big nosed attic troll
10,711 Posts
I have an acute intolerance for other trades who screw up my day. Smashing drywall, however, isn’t something I do. Sending an invoice for screwing up my day isn’t something I do either, unless I get clearance first that I will actually get paid. Maybe in some fantasy world every invoice sent gets paid but not in the fantasy world I live in.
I think you just described REALITY

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Please don't do this.
Weird, you sound like I did begging the guy not to rotozip my wires, pinch my whips, and bury my boxes. In every room.

There's always 1 out of 100 that have to learn things the hard way. I definitely exaggerated my original post, but I wasn't measuring the holes either.

·
Registered
Residential and commercial electrician
4 Posts
My resi jobs always include 2 buried boxes, then it's $50 a box to unbury, doesn't include patching. Don't fight with the GC, they're the customer. If you got screwed by your own contract, then fix it and move on. Lesson learned. Last resort is sheetrock screws in every screw hole of every box at the end of rough-in. The rockers get the hint and it's cheaper than extension rings!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts