Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've used QB for the last 15 years. Peachtree prior to that. We (the wife) have come to the decision to try another software. Does anyone have any recommendations? This new software will also have to do payroll, 3 employees and obviously invoicing. We don't maintain an inventory per say. I do estimates with an older separate estimating software that doesn't export to QB, if that makes any difference. Thanks for the help!

·
Banned
202 Posts
I would be curious as well to see what else people use, not interested anymore in QB since monthly fees went up and phone service takes forever. Never seen a company ask me more questions then I called to ask them. Customer support should not be sales at the same time.

·
Electrical Contractor
5,567 Posts
I think that QB has finally ticked off enough small businesses.
I still like the simplicity and the ease of correcting mistakes. But as mentioned,price keeps going up, and customer service sucks, specially when you can't understand the service rep.

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,430 Posts
Everyone of the companies are pushing to be online only within a certain period of time, there is just more money and flexibility in updates with a subscription based model.

That being said, there are a few options that will be giving QB a run for their money. Xero and Freshbooks might be the best bet moving forward, although they may not have all the functionality at this point in time. I think Xero, last time I looked, was about on par with QB for price.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,193 Posts
Bookkeeper service and let them pay for Quickbooks while you let your wife relax.

Reactions: electricguy

·
Registered
74 Posts
Personally I have not had many problems with Quick Books Pro, I quess the main reason we use it is that is the same program my accountant uses so between her and my wife it works for us. As far as the actual payroll we sub that out to PayChex's..best move we made!!

·
Banned
15,674 Posts
We've used QB for the last 15 years. Peachtree prior to that. We (the wife) have come to the decision to try another software. Does anyone have any recommendations? This new software will also have to do payroll, 3 employees and obviously invoicing. We don't maintain an inventory per say. I do estimates with an older separate estimating software that doesn't export to QB, if that makes any difference. Thanks for the help!
Do you have an accountant do your business taxes? I would ask them? Because more than likely they would need to be familiar with the software as well. Just my $.02.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.