Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Guys

I come from a Electrician trade school in NY with 1 year experience, right now looking for a job as a electrician helper.
I want to replace this old panel (It is right after the meter) but i am not sure the amperage of it , ..there is 100 amp Sub panel feedind from it, and to this 100 amp sub panel there is another 60 amp sub, none are grounded, no ground wire coming from main service disconnect.
I can provide some pics.
MY question is how many amps would be the new replacement ?
In the pic shows 3 X 100 amps and the wires are #2 copper.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
With only one year of experience, you have no business trying to do what you propose without the direct supervision of a journeyman. You don't even know what you are doing. Wise up kid!

·
Senile Member
30,709 Posts
You're gonna need a ct cabinet and huge service for that many panels.
I'm thinking more like one of the big green MDP's like you see outside of the Mcdonalds drive thru..... Or something like Piperunner posted pictures of. This panel replacement could keep the kid busy for years and years to come.

·
Super Moderator
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,749 Posts
I'm all for helping guys get going in their careers, but I agree. At 1yr you have absolutely no place doing work like this alone.
For some reason, I know down there (LI/NYC) the second you begin in the electrical trade everyone you know thinks you are an electrician that can do work for them and save them tons of $$$.

Sorry but I am closing this. If this is for yourself in your own home that you own, go to www.diychatroom.com.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.