Electrician Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I would like to get input/suggestions from electricians as I am diversifying my business to have more test equipment specifically for electrical contractors.
Presently I offer for rent and purchase electrical power analyzers such as power quality analyzers and power/energy demand analyzers.
My plan is to build a business which specializes in rentals and sales of test equipment for electrical contractors and electrical engineers (engineers in the power industry).

Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Stuart Laurie

·
Registered
31,643 Posts
Are you a Rep for anyone company?

Fluke 1750's
Dranetz
Astromed
Check out GE Rents

·
Registered
132 Posts
Stuart_Laurie said:
Hi
I would like to get input/suggestions from electricians as I am diversifying my business to have more test equipment specifically for electrical contractors.
Presently I offer for rent and purchase electrical power analyzers such as power quality analyzers and power/energy demand analyzers.
My plan is to build a business which specializes in rentals and sales of test equipment for electrical contractors and electrical engineers (engineers in the power industry).

Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Stuart Laurie
You will have plenty of company in that market, we get pitched 4 or more times a week from companies in that area, and that does not include all the junk mail we get every day, did you get a market report On the test equipment industry or are you already subscribed to the many electrical testing trade publications to track the business trends in that area?

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Do you just have test equipment, or more expensive tools as well?

I am thinking of Flir products for infrared scanning under testing equipment.

For the other tools, a wire feeder-greenlee, and wire tuggers again greelee, possibly other brands would be ok.

How about power snake camera's?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Not sure if this what your looking for but... A x-ray unit for concrete floors. When we would core drill in an exiting high rise we would always get the floor x-rayed before hand. Saved our a$$es many times.

·
Registered
31,643 Posts
Not sure if this what your looking for but... A x-ray unit for concrete floors. When we would core drill in an exiting high rise we would always get the floor x-rayed before hand. Saved our a$$es many times.
X-Raying takes certified X-Ray Tech.s. They usually own their own equipment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts