Electrician Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everybody,

My head is starting to spin with questions around manufacturers of LED recessed lights, so I need some opinions. Just haven’t been working in the field long enough to understand the past history of these companies either.

The lighting design is complete, but which manufacturer to go with? All lights will be on approved dimmers, obviously.

I have looked at the Home Cheapo of course as many do to get an idea of different types of cans and Trims and the local lighting show room that didn’t have much to offer in the new LED recessed lights.

My comparison is with the Lithonia and Juno. The problem is that is the price is killing me between Juno and Lithonia. The Juno’s are yes a little more than double the cost, but look to be manufactured WAY better. Lighting hours between the two are 28000 hours on Lithonia to 50000 hours on the Juno’s. I guess that the Juno's will not loose color temp early either. The Lithonia's do not give you any room to work on them from what I can see.

Within the room I’m looking install the following for either manufacturer, if anyone has experience it would be great to here it, I’m very interest in with you thoughts of the construction are.

Has anyone ever installed either of these, had better experiences with one or the other? Problem Complaints, or Rants from customers?

Installation

Juno

6 - IC20LEDG3
6 - 205W-WH
4 -
MG1L3K-NFL-WH
3 - MD1L3K-NFL-WH
1 - TL602E-60-WH (Transformer for Low Voltage)
Price About $1700.00 :eek:

Lithonia

3 - LK4GMW LED M4
4 - LK3BPMW LED M4
6 - LK5BPMW LED M4

Price: About $700.00 :001_huh:

Thought, concerns, comments?
Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.