Electrician Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
#3, there is no black passing through the switch box.

#13 white (blue) should pass through the first 3way, and use red and black as travellers, white stops at the light and travellers pass through to other 3way on white and red, then SL comes back on black.

#14 white goes to the lights, black goes to one of the 3ways, then goes to the other 3way on travellers (red and white), then comes back to the lights on switch leg of black.

·
Greenhorn
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
#3, there is no black passing through the switch box.

#13 white (blue) should pass through the first 3way, and use red and black as travellers, white stops at the light and travellers pass through to other 3way on white and red, then SL comes back on black.

#14 white goes to the lights, black goes to one of the 3ways, then goes to the other 3way on travellers (red and white), then comes back to the lights on switch leg of black.
Oh my goodness thank you so much, number 3 was just a small mistake on my part but 13 and 14 I really needed some help. thanks a lot. :)

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
No prob, guys might find some other things. I find it hard to look at those one after another.. don't think I can be a teacher.

Also I was going to say something about #6, better to pigtail to the receptacle, but it's probably legal to do that. We call that an Alberta splice here in BC. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
in 17 you are switching neutrals
in 3way or 4way red and black are your carriers blue or white used as common needs to be marked with a strip of black tape at the ends (or in your drawing with a black dot)(at least it was when i first schooled on it):laughing:

·
Greenhorn
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
in 17 you are switching neutrals
in 3way or 4way red and black are your carriers blue or white used as common needs to be marked with a strip of black tape at the ends (or in your drawing with a black dot)(at least it was when i first schooled on it):laughing:
I was just told to cross hatch the conductors to indicate that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.