Electrician Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done many Residential panel changes with romex wiring. This one has an old 100 amp federal Pacific with EMT in the top and bottom, wooden studs each side, drywall, & flush mount panel cove. How long would this take/cost? We usually charge $1150 ish for 150\200 amp should this be the same or since it has less circuits but, EMT instead of romex cost more like $1450?

·
Banned
1,073 Posts
I can't tell you what to charge, that's up to you. I'd say to throw at least an hour extra into the estimate.

Where do those pipes go to, the basement or attic? If you can find where they go to sometimes you can remove some straps and pull the pipes up into the attic or down into the basement a few inches so that they come out of the panel and give you room to remove it and install the new panel. If there is a box or pull point nearby you can pull the wires out too if that'll make it easier.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
We usually charge $1150 ish for 150\200 amp should this be the same or since it has less circuits but, EMT instead of romex cost more like $1450?[/quote]

:eek::eek:.....I charge that just to swap a panel....tit4tat....cost are a real local thing...new 100amp here with riser/se out can bottom ect ect....$1750 would be a "good price"..over $2000 not unusual ...plus other code issues usually need to be addressed...

·
Registered
830 Posts
They are really nice when you have to pipe between two solid points, like this situation with the panel change. Just cut the pipe flush with the new panel and slip these pieces on. Good to go and a very solid bond on the pipe, when done correctly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts