Electrician Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When using indoor trough in a residential setting what material do you guys use for nipples between panels and trough? PVC, EMT, or RMC?

·
Banned
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
33,456 Posts
Usually I use pvc on resi for nipples. But small metal offset nipples are handy if the wire size is small enough. So the answer is ..... maybe......

·
Banned
549 Posts
I try to always use PVC so there is no bonding necessary. You can use PVC "meter offsets" as offset nipples. You can use a PVC connector (male adapter) with a box adapter to make a close nipple.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it, sweet that's what I thought too. Nipples are about 5" to 7" long so I went with PVC. Definitely does look pretty, gray plywood, panels and nipple. Had held EMT nipples but looked like a Cadillac with aftermarket rims only having 3.5" deep residential panels, it looked like crap so I went with PVC.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
I try to always use PVC so there is no bonding necessary. You can use PVC "meter offsets" as offset nipples. You can use a PVC connector (male adapter) with a box adapter to make a close nipple.
Or a PVC coupling and 2 box adapters

·
Banned
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
33,456 Posts

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
But then you have to bond the trough, correct?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts