Electrician Talk banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Registered
Working for the Cit-ay is a give and take, or is it take and give :rolleyes: I usually stay in for lunch. When we had a 30+ minute lunch, I sometimes went out to eat and take my 2-way radio(call back) with me. Now where back to a straight 8(no unpaid 30), so I only go out if a contractor/engineering consultant/vendor offers to buy :thumbsup: Every once in a while the Airport will have a crack down, but it doesn't last long. Just this year, we've had 85 people(all departments total) retire, retire early, transfer, or quit. With only 15 new replacements, breaks tend to be flexible and management flexes with it.
When the day is longer, 10-16hrs, usually due to an emergency, so there's no definitive "break" per say, just whenever/however/whatever works. If major system fails, halfway thru eating sandwhich, I put it away and back to work.

Senile Member
Wow, I've turned you. First Moddy, now you. Who's next, Dennis?!?!
I bet if you work on me hard enough, I might turn into a right wing conservative also.

Registered
Not sure if this is relevant to your question, but in MN, employers are required to give employees "sufficient time to use the restroom and eat a meal". The interpretation of that is intentionally left up to the employer/employee to work out.

The company I work for is really laid back, they really don't care if I take 2 hour lunches every day, but most of the companies I've worked for have given me a max of 1 hour, sometimes 1/2 hour.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts