·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
I am in desperate need of 200 amp meter main main breaker ringless type
I can post a list of what my paco approves of here in the great state of Maine
I have many jobs and am desperate need of 200 amp meter mainbreaker

If I can figure out how to post the list I'll post the list of what will be accepted for ringless type meter mains

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello all
I am in desperate need of 200 amp meter main main breaker ringless type
I can post a list of what my paco approves of here in the great state of Maine
I have many jobs and am desperate need of 200 amp meter mainbreaker

If I can figure out how to post the list I'll post the list of what will be accepted for ringless type meter mains

Attachments

·
Registered
Electrician
1,884 Posts
A guy at the supply house told me that people might be thinking they'll find another brand meter socket since Milbank is all screwed up right now but in reality most other meter sockets use parts that are supplied to them by Milbank and just rebranded.

So this national meter cluster F isn't going to go away until Milbank gets their act together.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A guy at the supply house told me that people might be thinking they'll find another brand meter socket since Milbank is all screwed up right now but in reality most other meter sockets use parts that are supplied to them by Milbank and just rebranded.

So this national meter cluster F isn't going to go away until Milbank gets their act together.
I'm lossing money...no material no work no work...homeless

·
Chief Flunky
Field Service Engineer
3,582 Posts
I'm lossing money...no material no work no work...homeless
I can’t think of ANYONE, not even utilities that’s not desperate for people right now. Construction is booming. Days on market in mist of the Carolinas is like 1 day. People are literally buying houses sight unseen. 200+ subs popping up everywhere. I-95 is a sit show with wall to wall trucks. Job listings everywhere. And contrary to what some believe buddy when you can make $15 an hour at Starbucks (the current rate), and by the way even THEY can’t find people which is why it’s gone from $10 to 15 in about 2 years, nobody can pay apprentices $15 to do real work.

As far as buying stuff at least when I used to do large controls and power distribution, a lot of items were made to order. You can’t just order an entire PLC control system installed next day from the Pro desk at Hone Depot. Welcome to normal. You just got spoiled when they had 12 meter mains in 3 colors and 4 sizes in stock.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can’t think of ANYONE, not even utilities that’s not desperate for people right now. Construction is booming. Days on market in mist of the Carolinas is like 1 day. People are literally buying houses sight unseen. 200+ subs popping up everywhere. I-95 is a sit show with wall to wall trucks. Job listings everywhere. And contrary to what some believe buddy when you can make $15 an hour at Starbucks (the current rate), and by the way even THEY can’t find people which is why it’s gone from $10 to 15 in about 2 years, nobody can pay apprentices $15 to do real work.

As far as buying stuff at least when I used to do large controls and power distribution, a lot of items were made to order. You can’t just order an entire PLC control system installed next day from the Pro desk at Hone Depot. Welcome to normal. You just got spoiled when they had 12 meter mains in 3 colors and 4 sizes in stock.
Your point?

·
Registered
150 Posts
You got me worried....I just did 3 services with Ring type meter main. You can't buy ringless anywhere. I asked inspector if ringed is ok, he said sure, but now that I googled, it says only ringless are approved.

This will be interesting.....each was $800 for single gang

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You got me worried....I just did 3 services with Ring type meter main. You can't buy ringless anywhere. I asked inspector if ringed is ok, he said sure, but now that I googled, it says only ringless are approved.

This will be interesting.....each was $800 for single gang
Maybe that inspector needs a job in my area

·
Premium Member
20,109 Posts
Remember that feeling when you vote next election.
The economy is at such a strong rolling boil that we can tolerate the interest rate hikes, unemployment is historically low, and consumers have not slowed down to the point our shelves cant stay stocked. We are now recovering from the gas and oil **** show created by Trump damn near completely bankrupting domestic production by palliating the Saudis dry.
Thank the Sweet Lord Baby Jesus someone like Biden is at the helm. Biden has spent decades preparing to deal with Russin, China, North Korea, and our own domestic terrorists. And, for the second time in his lifetime, first cleaned up after W. under Obama, and now cleaning up after the whole Trump debacle. Good solid God-fearing leadership is keeping our republic strong and moving forward. Its time to put America first and 86 45.

·
Registered
Electrical contractor 37 years. Electrical inspector 2 years
3,103 Posts
The economy is at such a strong rolling boil that we can tolerate the interest rate hikes, unemployment is historically low, and consumers have not slowed down to the point our shelves cant stay stocked. We are now recovering from the gas and oil **** show created by Trump damn near completely bankrupting domestic production by palliating the Saudis dry.
Thank the Sweet Lord Baby Jesus someone like Biden is at the helm. Biden has spent decades preparing to deal with Russin, China, North Korea, and our own domestic terrorists. And, for the second time in his lifetime, first cleaned up after W. under Obama, and now cleaning up after the whole Trump debacle. Good solid God-fearing leadership is keeping our republic strong and moving forward. Its time to put America first and 86 45.
The other side is many people lost almost 2 years of income due to the Covids. I personally had three very nice jobs canceled, probably 7 -8 months of work. The town's were going around and shutting all non essential construction sites and businesses. Homeowners did not want people inside their houses. Because of the government shut downs,, many tapped into the lines of credit or used their credit cards to pay their bills. Then building materials jumped up in price which caused one of my customers to re-evaluate building a two story office building. I switched over to residential stuff which I hate but it paid the bills. Now I am trying to pay down the credit cards and line of credit but the interest rates are around 19% and more and the line of credit is around 10%. I am looking forward to revisit Jimmy Carter days of 28% on credit cards and 18% mortgages.

·
Registered
Electrician
1,884 Posts
Puff puff pass man, this thread is not controversial talk yet.

·
Premium Member
20,109 Posts
The other side is many people lost almost 2 years of income due to the Covids. I personally had three very nice jobs canceled, probably 7 -8 months of work. The town's were going around and shutting all non essential construction sites and businesses. Homeowners did not want people inside their houses. Because of the government shut downs,, many tapped into the lines of credit or used their credit cards to pay their bills. Then building materials jumped up in price which caused one of my customers to re-evaluate building a two story office building. I switched over to residential stuff which I hate but it paid the bills. Now I am trying to pay down the credit cards and line of credit but the interest rates are around 19% and more and the line of credit is around 10%. I am looking forward to revisit Jimmy Carter days of 28% on credit cards and 18% mortgages.
Yes but, we made it through. I took so very hard hits on materials but as of right now, we are 2x busier than the last 5 years. I completely understand what happened with fuel, restarting manufacturing and what needed to be done with the interest rates.
I was fortunate enough to work enough through Covid to keep my guys out of debt. I picked up some but was able to pay it off. I used PPP only for payroll with a separate bank account. Audits are coming, be prepared.
Our 401s have recovered, there are cars and trucks on the lots again, copper prices are dropping. I don't know if you were in business in 2001 or 2008 but, it was much, much worse. There wasn't a job to be had, I didn't know what I was going to do but, we made it. Time seemed to take care of things.
As for the debt,
Call your CC provider and tell them you cant afford the payments. They will close the account and offer you 1%-5% and put you on a payment plan. I did that with three chase cards with 84k on them combined. I was paying 3k per month and just covering the interest. I paid $1,200 per month combined and its now at 45k at 1% interest. I was going to just pay it off but my FA said the money was so cheap, I would be better off keeping money in investments and paying mininum.
FWIW, life insurance is cheap, you should buy enough to leave your estate money to pay off your debts. Your heirs can then decide what to do. Keep it or pay them off.

·
Registered
Electrical contractor 37 years. Electrical inspector 2 years
3,103 Posts
Back in 2001 and then in 2009/ 2010 I was fortunate enough to land some long term jobs with money behind them. The factories had several big government contracts so they needed to expand. It was in 2013 and 2020 where I took the hits. Contracts and jobs were canceled. What worries me this time around is being able to make up the losses at my age.

·
Premium Member
20,109 Posts
Back in 2001 and then in 2009/ 2010 I was fortunate enough to land some long term jobs with money behind them. The factories had several big government contracts so they needed to expand. It was in 2013 and 2020 where I took the hits. Contracts and jobs were canceled. What worries me this time around is being able to make up the losses at my age.
Im 62, transitioning out. It always seemed like we needed a bigger job to start in November to carry us through into about mid-january. If that didn't happen, I ended up picking up debt to cover operations. Never again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts