Electrician Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Electrician
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Complete garbage junk. Don't buy.

Had a job where we had to run a few hundred feet of RMC. Ended up going to 3 places, and using some truck stock to get 210' of 3/4" RMC.

After running some conduit for a few hours I grabbed a new stick of RMC, went to bend a stub up and had a really difficult time. Grabbed another stick and ended up having to jump and down on the bender while butted up against the wall with a helper standing on the end. Took 10 min to get a 90. This conduit threaded like IMC but was harder to bend than 1 1/4 EMT with my double foot bender. It was almost as if the RMC was made the normal thickness of RMC with IMC material.

Looked at the conduit and it read Providence Pipe Products, RMC, Made in China. Never seen this stuff before.

I have no idea which place it came from as we only had a few sticks mixed in. The other RMC bent and threaded like butter. I will never buy this brand again. I really wish I had my power bender today.

Anyone use this junk before?
Line Font Gas Wood Metal

·
Registered
Electrician
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Suppliers are grabbing whatever they can. We haven't seen Allied or Wheatland in a long while.
I get it. I just hope these horrible brands dont become normally stocked items after the shortages are over due to cost savings to the SH. This stuff would have been impossible to bend an offset with the shoe in the air. The last stick of Providence got used up in the only spot in the room that didn't need a bend.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Last time I was at HD to return some galvanized 3/4" that split on the seam, they had boxes for different return categories:
1) I bought the wrong thing; my bad.
2) It didn't work.
3) Clearly a manufacturing defect.

#3 was full of pipe and fittings and my POS went into that pile!!

HD seems to get that a lot of that China sourced stuff is a problem, but customers should not have to keep reminding them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts