Electrician Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you share with me the things you have done or used to push RMC under sidewalks. i am looking for a solid metal cone to adapt to the end of the RMC but i can't find any...know where i can get one?

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Try a wellpoint, you can get one at your local plumbing supply.

I have run a hose into a piece of Rigid, and had the water wash the packed soil out while pushing the rigid in farther.
This method works, but can, make a mess, leave a hollow area under the walk, if this hollow is too shallow, can crack the sidewalk. Also can leave an area where groundwater can run along the trench and washout your backfill.

There is a tool called borezit or borez-it something like that. Attatches to your hole-hawg spins a point through the soil with water to lube and remove soil.

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,303 Posts
Mae up a set of fittings to where you can adapt water fittings to 3/4" GRC, you now have a water drill for under sidewalks , etc.:thumbsup:
Last edited by Rockyd; Today at 08:23 PM. Reason: What...did I type slow Dennis?
Nay, your post just had to travel here from Alaska. :)

Reactions: Rockyd

·
Registered
762 Posts
I just put a rigid plug into the end of the threaded coupling at the end of the rigid pipe, and beat it with a sledgehammer. The coupling is just large enough to reduce the friction down. I've done a whole apartment complex full of landscape lighting using this method. The inspector said technically, rigid is not listed for boring, but he was ultimately OK with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.