Electrician Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Salty Member
31,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The subject of robots came up in another thread so I went looking for some good examples. I found this one, holy crap check out the speed:eek:

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
30,926 Posts
By 2045 according to Google , robots will have replaced most manufacturing jobs and a good deal of all jobs currently performed by humans. Ask any multibillionaire if he gives a tiny chit about all the loser's in that . We are going to become useless cattle to them. Perhaps a new hunting sport will arise like how the rich used to be able to shoot buffalo from moving trains for sport.

Maybe it's time to open the guide franchise......:whistling2:

·
Salty Member
31,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By 2045 according to Google , robots will have replaced most manufacturing jobs and a good deal of all jobs currently performed by humans. Ask any multibillionaire if he gives a tiny chit about all the loser's in that . We are going to become useless cattle to them. Perhaps a new hunting sport will arise like how the rich used to be able to shoot buffalo from moving trains for sport.

Maybe it's time to open the guide franchise......:whistling2:
Yeah this is called looking at one side of things only.

Business will start to care when no one can buy the product they are selling.

But keep parroting doom and gloom, your posts on an electrical forum are sure to change things. :whistling2:

·
Senile Member
30,926 Posts
I've got suspicions that continued manufacturing and current economy is not anywhere close to the plan for the future BBQ. More like feudal lords who hunt fox on horseback all day and delight in the few slaves around the compound to do chores the robots woudn't touch with a ten foot extension attachment......

When you endlessly print trillions of fiat dollars for months and years without fail that can be the only outcome in the end.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
The subject of robots came up in another thread so I went looking for some good examples. I found this one, holy crap check out the speed:eek:
Wow! We don't do anything that fast. (Tried to post a video but am getting an error.)

By 2045 according to Google , robots will have replaced most manufacturing jobs and a good deal of all jobs currently performed by humans.
Robots cannot replace all manufacturing jobs, they simply changes the type of jobs available. We have a lot of robots at our shop and there is work in building, programming, troubleshooting and repairing; so there is lots of demand for skilled workers (not so much for manual laborers).

·
Senile Member
30,926 Posts
Wow! We don't do anything that fast. (Tried to post a video but am getting an error.)

Robots cannot replace all manufacturing jobs, they simply changes the type of jobs available. We have a lot of robots at our shop and there is work in building, programming, troubleshooting and repairing; so there is lots of demand for skilled workers (not so much for manual laborers).
Given Moore's law continues at current pace, robots will take over all those jobs sooner than you think also. Robots are predicted to be creating new forms of robots also.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Given Moore's law continues at current pace, robots will take over all those jobs sooner than you think also. Robots are predicted to be creating new forms of robots also.
I think you've been watching too many sci-fi movies. :nerd:

·
Senile Member
30,926 Posts
I think you need to read more.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Amazing speed & dexterity ! The other side to this argument is, this is what we have to do to compete internationally.

Otherwise it gets outsourced, where the labor is a few bucks a day. But I do agree, we are screwing ourselves in the long run.

·
Banned
16,981 Posts
I'd be curious to know what kind of cable and pneumatic and hydraulic lines they use on those to withstand that duty cycle. :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts