Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,522 Posts
is a greenhouse considered outside
You can still be indoors and be in a wet location-- 300.9 does not say outdoors I did.

IMO it is a wet location.

Why if you are running conduit would you want to run nm in it? You can use UF but I can't imagine why you want to go that route unless the wire is coming from indoors to outdoors. Run that in UF

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
We do in PVC as 2 conductor plus earth is $0.80 per metre for 1.5mm^2 compared to 1.5mm^2 conduit wire at $1.30 a metre for just one conductor..

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
PVC is a recipe for disaster in a greenhouse, fyi. Too much of a temp swing is going to cause the conduit to self destruct within a few years. We had a thread on greenhouses a couple weeks ago. You should do a search for it.

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
PVC is a recipe for disaster in a greenhouse, fyi. Too much of a temp swing is going to cause the conduit to self destruct within a few years. We had a thread on greenhouses a couple weeks ago. You should do a search for it.
I thought greenhouses were to maintain a constant temp and humidity? Id hazard a guess you could let the pvc sit in the hothouse to expand then install it, bringing it in cold probally wouldnt be ideal.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.