Electrician Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look at this excerpt and page. This guy gave me this before I installed his RV plug.

It is imperative that the Electric Service used for RV’s are wired correctly. DO NOT TRUST anyone, yourself, friends, relatives or ANY Professional Electrician. ALWAYS check out all RV Electric Service BEFORE plugging in the first time. The majority of the mistakes and the most damage to the RV’s are made with the incorrect installation of the 120-volt 30 amp Service. For some reason people including Electricians just DON’T GET IT when it comes to the 30-amp 120-volt Service. All you need to do is look at the online Forums where RV’s were damaged by incorrect installations.

http://www.myrv.us/electric/

·
Registered
12,376 Posts
Cletis said:
Look at this excerpt and page. This guy gave me this before I installed his RV plug.

It is imperative that the Electric Service used for RV’s are wired correctly. DO NOT TRUST anyone, yourself, friends, relatives or ANY Professional Electrician. ALWAYS check out all RV Electric Service BEFORE plugging in the first time. The majority of the mistakes and the most damage to the RV’s are made with the incorrect installation of the 120-volt 30 amp Service. For some reason people including Electricians just DON’T GET IT when it comes to the 30-amp 120-volt Service. All you need to do is look at the online Forums where RV’s were damaged by incorrect installations.

http://www.myrv.us/electric/
Pretty hard to screwup a 30 amp 120 volt connection.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Go to RV.NET if you want to search, it does get screwed up often.
Many accounts of "electricians" hooking the TT30 recept to a 2 pole breaker.

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
C'mon guys.

The Cletoris posts something that is dissing "Profesional Electricians" then BBSound says "Many accounts of "electricians" hooking the TT30 recept to a 2 pole breaker"..........

We know that no "Profesional Electricians" would hook up a receptacle that clearly says 30A ,120Volt to a 240V supply line.

IF they do......they have no right to call themselves a "Profesional Electrician".:laughing:

Hack-A-Riffic is more like it.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
C'mon guys.

The Cletoris posts something that is dissing "Profesional Electricians" then BBSound says "Many accounts of "electricians" hooking the TT30 recept to a 2 pole breaker"..........

We know that no "Profesional Electricians" would hook up a receptacle that clearly says 30A ,120Volt to a 240V supply line.

IF they do......they have no right to call themselves a "Profesional Electrician".:laughing:

Hack-A-Riffic is more like it.
I did put electricians in " " for a reason.
Have you seen a TT30 ? To a hack it does look like a 240/30 dryer plug.

Are you suggesting that I am in cahoots with Cletus?

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
I did put electricians in " " for a reason.
Have you seen a TT30 ? To a hack it does look like a 240/30 dryer plug.

Are you suggesting that I am in cahoots with Cletus?

I understood why you put quotation marks around it. I dont think you are in cahoots with the Cletoris........but you could be the Clete.:laughing::laughing:

Until we know different we are all suspected of being Cletis.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
I have had my guys do it twice. I caught one and bought a micro and fridge on the other. It happens to inexperienced J-men all the time. Usually commercial guys.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This guys site is highly offensive and disrespectful to all electricians. I think we could have a class action suit case for slander against professional electricians. As pretty much the most respected electrician on this site I could head up the committee if we think this has a chance in court for monetary compensation.

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
This guys site is highly offensive and disrespectful to all electricians. I think we could have a class action suit case for slander against professional electricians. As pretty much the most respected electrician on this site I could head up the committee if we think this has a chance in court for monetary compensation.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
You maxed out ....... :laughing:
I laughed so hard.....I needed more of those little suckers
:laughing::lol::lol::laughing::bangin::bangin: :icon_cheesygrin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts