Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Mad as Hell Member
2,935 Posts

Looks like they're not so different after all under all the smoke and mirrors.

On the plus side at least the tip looks to be holding up well.

·
Administrator
Retired EC
23,666 Posts
I would return it...

·
Master Electrician
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have already contacted the wholesaler and they will get back to me. As for use just normal things tighting locknuts and busting out wood.

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
I dont think klein tools demolition drivers are suppose to do this!!!
I suppose its a good thing that tang doesn't pass right through to the buttcap?

*Edit I just tested mine and there is continuity between the cap and the shaft.

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
you guys and your screwdriver fetish cracks me up.
Klein makes a decent screwdriver. They hold up well to the abuse. So does Wira and Wera. They are no better or no worse. Abuse a screwdriver as electricians do and you will always have trouble.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
sbrn33 said:
you guys and your screwdriver fetish cracks me up. Klein makes a decent screwdriver. They hold up well to the abuse. So does Wira and Wera. They are no better or no worse. Abuse a screwdriver as electricians do and you will always have trouble.
I agree. Screwdrivers are probably our most expendable tool. If I gotta spend 12 bucks every six months I'm not losing any sleep. Shít I used craftsmen drivers for years and all them bolts and strut straps are still tight I'm betting

·
Master Electrician
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
farlsincharge said:
I broke mine today the exact same way (weird). I noticed the cap was spinning. I do beat the ever loving jesus out of it though.
Did you talk to the wholesaler to get another under warranty? They did it for me buddy.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts