Electrician Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I have seen the same thing but at house. There was a 10' space between the garage and the house then at some point they decided to put in concrete and that's what they did.

·
Registered
31,849 Posts
When I did deck work it was not unusual for for the concrete men to step on out conduits attempting to break the tie wires burying the conduit, making finishing easier.

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
When I did deck work it was not unusual for for the concrete men to step on out conduits attempting to break the tie wires burying the conduit, making finishing easier.
Years ago when I was a 4th year apprentice and an almost uncontrollable hot-head......I punched out a concrete finisher for exactly that. They placed the concrete and cut my stub ups off before pouring so "they could finish thier work without my crap in his way"........his exact words.

His next words ......"I think you broke my nose":laughing:

The judge didn't think it was that funny.......glad I've settled down since then.

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
:thumbup:
It was but that was my third assault charge in as many months......spent a few weekends bunking with the warden and his buddies:laughing:

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
brian john said:
I was never that bad but i did take a hammer to a 6' high freshly
Laid wall when they didnt stop for pipe extensions... Only once did i have to do that!!!

·
antisocial group ******
773 Posts
I wonder if the building was something else before it was a machine shop.

Usually, they have to lay footings for the machines, so they cut 4 x 6 foot holes, and pour them full.

Maybe they did that and added 6 inches of new concrete on top to give a complete level surface that would not crack the first time they got a steel delivery.

·
Premium Member
7,413 Posts
Years ago when I was a 4th year apprentice and an almost uncontrollable hot-head......I punched out a concrete finisher for exactly that. They placed the concrete and cut my stub ups off before pouring so "they could finish thier work without my crap in his way"........his exact words.

The judge didn't think it was that funny.......glad I've settled down since then.
Did you ever play hockey ?

·
Registered
2,536 Posts

If you would consider working ad a lowly rat, ill get you hired.
Punching people for being stupid should not be a crime.
You should have gotten a reward, maybe now that idiot won't be so dumb.
Two weeks ago I almost got in a fight with the mason on our job.
The jackass kept tripping out the generator main. And finally he came over bitching about how he was going to keep using the same tools.
And I called him stupid and told him to not be so stupid, I was getting tired of bus stupidity!
He got the hint.
He's still.stupid . Just not using three grinders at once!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts