Electrician Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While reviewing the spec book for a project involving an underground vault I noticed the engineer calls for seal-off fittings wherever a conduit passes from a warm to cold location. I've never had this required before, has anyone else run across this and furthermore why? To trap condensation inside the pipe?

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,543 Posts
While reviewing the spec book for a project involving an underground vault I noticed the engineer calls for seal-off fittings wherever a conduit passes from a warm to cold location. I've never had this required before, has anyone else run across this and furthermore why? To trap condensation inside the pipe?
to keep the condensation (ie water) away from where it blows things up.

sealing off the airflow can reduce the condensation (keeping the cold on the cold side and the hot on the hot side).

drain fittings can also help, for places where the moisture can be expected.

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
300.7 requires conduits to be sealed between cold/warm locations but specifically states x-proof seals are not required.

Is engineer calling for x-proof seals? I would get clarification on this before installing them (or not installing them).

Please let us know what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.