Electrician Talk banner

Sealed Main 200amp Load Center

1426 Views 9 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Flyingsod
Does anyone know if anyone makes an Airtight 200amp Load Center?

My client has requested to have one if there is one. They have well water that is absolutly rittled with hydrogen sulfide. It kills there stuff pretty quick apprently. They do not want to move the box just updated. And the box is right above there washer and dryer so its alway around the sulfer.

Any ideas besieds moving the box or washer/dryer would be amazing.

They also will begettimg something to clean the sulfer out of the water before it comes in the house but still want an Airtight Load Center as a backup.

Im posting a couple pics for you to see.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxVPB7GXP2YBd0ZISGxqU0xhd1k
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
14,442 Posts
Hydrogen sulfide is TEN times as deadly as Hydrogen cyanide -- the death house gas.

One must hope he's conflating it with sodium bisufite or sodium bisulfate.

These are chemicals common to pool supply companies -- and also found in MANY water systems. Both are highly aggressive with electrical conductors. ( exception: gold )

He needs to call Culligan or its competition. His water needs treatment.

It may be that merely using activated carbon will be sufficient.

We can't guess from the Internet. He needs to have his water chemically analyzed by experts. ( Culligan or its competition. )

· Registered
11,599 Posts
Just go with a nema 12 stainless or 4x stainless. Maybe put positive air flow if needed.

EDIT: Now that I look at the pics don't worry about it because that customer isn't going to pay for something like that. Go with a normal SQ-D 3r bolt on as they are gasketed pretty well. Probably get that for $600-$800 with breakers.

· Band Member
DIYer Extrodinaire
9,318 Posts
Does anyone know if anyone makes an Airtight 200amp Load Center?

My client has requested to have one if there is one. They have well water that is absolutly rittled with hydrogen sulfide. It kills there stuff pretty quick apprently. They do not want to move the box just updated. And the box is right above there washer and dryer so its alway around the sulfer.

Any ideas besieds moving the box or washer/dryer would be amazing.

They also will begettimg something to clean the sulfer out of the water before it comes in the house but still want an Airtight Load Center as a backup.

Im posting a couple pics for you to see.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxVPB7GXP2YBd0ZISGxqU0xhd1k

There are these .... http://www.cooperindustries.com/con...apparatus/panelboards/hazardous_location.html

Sumthin tells me they are a little pricey :eek:

· Registered
Unemployed
4,952 Posts
Replace panel and move washer

I would replace the panel and have them move the washer and dryer. Not enough working room and the water shutoff next to a panel like that scares me.

If they dont want to move the washer or panel walk.

· Registered
850 Posts
Noalox the **** out of everything. I used to have a customer that had electrical equipment in a stream of chlorine gas and some kind of caustic powder in the air. I ended up painting all the connections and pretty much everything else with liquid tape. A bit of a pain to work in the panel after but it peels off easy enough. Might suggest that as an alternative to Uber expensive parts or all the labor of running some kind of air ducting.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.