Electrician Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?

I have a friend who works with them and got one of the local new bars first on google for anything related to his key tag words.

The price hes giving me is around $1500 a month. Bar owner said hes noticed a huge difference since hes started. Problem is it takes a couple months to get you to the top on google.

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts

I have a friend who works with them and got one of the local new bars first on google for anything related to his key tag words.

The price hes giving me is around $1500 a month. Bar owner said hes noticed a huge difference since hes started. Problem is it takes a couple months to get you to the top on google.
I'll bet this guy will get you better results.

https://www.contractorrevolutionmedia.com/web.html

Welcome to the forum..:thumbsup:

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts

Yes, they usually sell you another portal , another portal means just that, another 'internet hoop to jump through' to be found

When your server logs don't show a rise, they'll blame your site for being unpresentable, unprofessional, but fixable at a nominal charge (free steak knives for the first 100 callers)

Finally, they'll insist on a biz management model , for a % of your profit, because you're totally incompetent

~CS~

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I don't know a whole lot about SEO, but I do know this - the SEO "experts" are not experts. I can say this quantitatively because I've dedicated many hours in research for myself and others - resulting in both positive and negative conclusions that seem to lack logic.

Here's my best advice - pick 2 or 3 keywords or keyword phrases and develop a web page that addresses those issues. Your entire website doesn't have to be devoted to those keywords - just that particular web page or two.

Focus the web page to a niche market - i.e.; not Phoenix Electrician - my gosh, there's hundreds of them! Focus the page on "service installation" or "24 hour service" or something that gives you an advantage over the competition for the kind of words you think people will search for. It has to be niche.

By the way, I may not be that great a musician, but I sure come up on top for "youngstown musician" on youtube. I hope you get my point. Please don't critique me. I do that enough myself.

·
Registered
455 Posts
What do you want to do electrically?

Are you commercial, industrial, institutional, or residential?

Do you have a specialty? Knob and tube or parking lot lighting?

Do you like to write/blog? If you can do that you are really helping yourself.

Are you in the boondocks? Are you in a big city? What is your competition like?

Always own your own website name, Anyone whom won't allow you to do that is someone you don't want to do business with.

Your best and easiest low hanging fruit is citations for the local map.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.