Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Bababoee
9,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When did you get a secretary. .? I really think I could use one...whats a good pay scale for them..? They need to know quickbooks and do some light travel with my vehicle..

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Good luck.

I don't know where the best place to look is, but a good one should be paid well, just like a good sparky.

Do you have a job description or is going to be a learn as we go thing?

Reactions: Jah Electric

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Actually this is not a bad question.
My wife is quitting her non profit job and going to put more hours in my business. Right now she does invoicing and taxes on quickbook. I do all the illing and quotes.
What more responsibilities can I give her?

·
Bababoee
9,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Permits, bank, answer the phone (that would be huge) building dept stuff....my productivity would improve by a good amount not dealing with that crap...she could do billing as well.

·
Banned
4,506 Posts
My wife is quitting her non profit job and going to put more hours in my business. Right now she does invoicing and taxes on quickbook. I do all the illing and quotes.
Mine is also my wife. She quit her job as a teacher to be home with the kids and she runs my office. She answers the phone ( just ask rewire) does quickbooks, makes scheduling, does the leg work on permits .

the only thing she won't do is where a short skirt and call me daddy :censored::censored:

·
Registered
31,170 Posts
We ran an ad for in the paper for the first one, friend of a friend 2nd one MISTAKE, ad for the 3rd.

And they are EXECUTIVE Assistant's :laughing::laughing:

SO I was told

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
For a small operation, a secretary (ugh, executive assistant) most likely will know way more about your business than you might want her (or him) to know. You want someone of high integrity.

·
Banned
15,674 Posts
She could file permits for you, call in for inspections, data entry for quick books. Lunch quickie maybe?:laughing:

·
Banned
39,722 Posts
He's not talking about your male secretary, Steve.
Nor am I

In fact, i'm fairly well displaced from the testosterone poisoned posts suggesting outsourcing to internet secretaries

but hey, don't let me be the grain of sand in all the maturbatory ky fun here

do carry on....

~CS~

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Mine is also my wife. She quit her job as a teacher to be home with the kids and she runs my office. She answers the phone ( just ask rewire) does quickbooks, makes scheduling, does the leg work on permits .

the only thing she won't do is where a short skirt and call me daddy :censored::censored:
I dont have your number but if you want to post it

1 - 20 of 62 Posts