Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a product that can be placed over half of a duplex outlet so it can not be used ?
I can not turn power off or unplug from the half of the outlet that will still be used. Need something that would require the use of tools to remove, the child proof outlet covers will not work for this.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,439 Posts
If you have trouble finding something you can take a 6x6 pvc box and cut out the back so it mounts over the receptacle. Then notch the front and let the cord set in there then screw on the cover. Of course this will not look good in a residence but if it is commercial then it may work fine.

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,439 Posts
We are all answering his question but he asked for something that will go over half the receptacle. I have never seen that. You can improvise with a wire or string tied to the male part of the cord and screw it to the device screw. It would probably work for children if that is your goal

·
Registered
317 Posts
We are all answering his question but he asked for something that will go over half the receptacle. I have never seen that. You can improvise with a wire or string tied to the male part of the cord and screw it to the device screw. It would probably work for children if that is your goal
I think his goal is that nobody can plug an equipment that would trip the breaker

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.