Electrician Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,981 Posts
Yes, that's just laziness, right there. The correct adaptor lug is easily obtainable. I've split large conductors for repairs long enough to have the proper lug ordered in or obtained in the next day or so.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'm not sure if it was laziness or just stupidity.

It seems they weren't too lazy to twist their wire so tight that it wouldn't fit under the terminal. It looks like the stranded wire is the same gauge as the solid, and even if they did have the proper terminals I'm sure their super tight twists would've voided the connection there too.

·
Registered
32,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've split large conductors for repairs long enough to have the proper lug ordered in or obtained in the next day or so.
Marc:

We do alot of blow-up temporary, switchboards, panels, MCC, busway ect. We have a rule, actually more of a saying we work by. Heh! It is only temporary, lets get this done.

·
Registered
32,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In reality: up to a year,
1. It blows up.
2. We temporarily fix it.
3. Insurance gets involved.
4. Finally get order.
5. Order obsolete parts.
6. Receive parts, they don't fit
7. Re-order parts.
8.Finally get right parts.
9. Coordinate outage with manpower, customer and utility.
10. Customer tenants cancel outage at last minute due to some pressing issue.
11. Re-coordinate all of the above, utility has problems or can't schedule off hour inspection.
12. Finally get outage install parts test all components one piece does not fit after all this, get site on line.
13. Finally get parts finish job.
14. 9 months later still trying to get paid.

damn forgot what the original job was.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,311 Posts
You know what? I'm not real keen on the color of that conductor landing on the neutral busbar, split up or not. Unless this is the panel with the service neutral bonding connection and that black bugger is the gec.

·
Registered
32,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MAC:

This photo was taken as part of an IR survey, the code violations often (usually) exceed the IR violations, it maybe that the conductor is taped further back or not tapped at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.