Electrician Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 clients with the same issue...

For starters I have been an electrician for 10 years now, licensed for 6. I have a decent broad knowledge and am pretty confident on my skills.

I have to complaints of lights dimming under load. I am assuming this is due to an oxidized or loose connection in the meter or panel. One of the 2 clients states its only in half of his units (4 unit house). Other is a single family colonial who had geo thermal installed roughly 5-6 years ago and has been doing this ever sense. (getting worse now)

How do I go about testing and fixing this issue? Mainly ask this because the issue could be coming from the hots coming in from the street.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Just because there are similar symptoms in no way indicates that they are similar problems

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nope. not missing anything. pretty simple. should i just take the meter off and crank on the connections?

·
Registered
596 Posts
To start with I would put a "Beast" in the meter socket to verify the condition of all POCO connections! It may be that simple. If every thing is in spec the start in the house.Keep it simple. Good Luck!:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts