Electrician Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, It' been awhile since I've been on ET so if I missed a good post on this subject please point me in the right direction.

So I'm a one man show doing residential service and completely buried in work, estimates and phone calls at this time. So much so as I would say that I'm probably passing on more work then I'm doing just because the customers cannot wait long enough for me to get to them. My customers are coming from word of mouth and next door apps in my area and I do not advertise at all.

What I'm looking for is a way to pump out estimates for folks before I leave their house because I never seem to have the time or energy to do them after the day is finished. (I'm exhausted)

What I also need is a way to put the projects into a data base with enough information that I can send another electrician out to the address and make sure he has everything he needs and all of the information he needs to complete the project.

I would also like for my future help to be able to spit out a price for the "hey while you are here" projects that always seem to happen.

Service titan keeps popping up on my Facebook page but that does not mean they are any good, they just spend a lot on advertising.

Any help on this will be appreciated.

Thank you, John.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I've use a few different brands. Depending on what company I was working at.

Service titan is excellent for pumping out quick fast profitable resi job prices. I have no idea how the office side of it is. My only issue with them is that the software has had issues crashes sometimes, and that causes you to be dead in the water.

There's several other resi model software brands that I see advertised on facebook.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Service titian is spending a lot on advertising because most companies use them. I can say that they do not allow you to use their product as a one man show. They request you have at least 3 or more to use the service. They are working on a lite version but as far as i know its not available yet.

i would suggest just making up quick numbers for jobs instead of completely quoting. You might take a hit on the first of its kind but you will at least be bale to quickly quote it more accurately the next time.

Good luck,

Residential Electrician

·
Registered
36th year apprentice & Floor Sweeper
1,107 Posts
There was a time when everyone would have suggested ES2 flat rate software.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
31,599 Posts
For this guy , I would second the recommendation to look at ES2. If I was all service , that is precisely what I would use every day.

But I have a silly disease. I like to drive past a building and be able to say to myself - I wired that . It's kind of like an addiction. I think contracting of any type is the same thing. Gambling addiction.

Reactions: JohnJ65

·
Registered
323 Posts
We used ES2 when it was CS2 to a limited capacity. I think they were a good jumping stone. Id be interested to see how there making out now as i wasnt impressed when they.dotched mobile.

We used HCP and it was good but limited and they have a great follower base with support.

We currently use Service Fusion and i like it for the abiltiy to track equipment (generators) and the tech app has a decent ability to show.categories for services with pictures

·
Electron Pathway Engineer
3,071 Posts
Jobber has been good to us. If you want a stand alone app for I-pad, check out Mpengo software- they have a couple of good apps for One Person shows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts