Electrician Talk banner

service

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  manchestersparky 
#1 ·
if i have a 600 amp service feeding 2 200 amp panels and a 200 amp diconnect that feeds 1 200 amp panel what is my reason for 2 250 kcml neutrals instead of 1 _____. i dont know what the larger size is im tryin to figure out how to determin using the 2 250s

#2 ·
I assume you are talking about aluminum. Yes? If you look up the ampacity of 250 KCM alum. you get 205 amps. If you parallel them then it is equivalent to 410 amps. Now go to table 310.16 and find it's equivalent. That would be a good reason not to use one conductor. Hope this helps

#4 ·
Zen it seems like you are on the right track as far educating yourself with the code :thumbsup:

Looking up in the code and asking questions about what your doing at work is a great way to learn the code book. You can relate to what your reading.

I always tell apprentices to get a code book and keep it at home. Look up what it is your doing during the day and read up on it. Then go to work the next day and ask questions about what you read and what your doing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.