Electrician Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please explain the purpose/benefit with a seven wired outlet?

There are three sets of wires.

Two neutral wires are pigtailed with the additional wire connected to the outlet.
One neutral directly connects and is going to the same connecting point as the additional wire from the pigtail.

The same setup with the hot wires.

The same setup with ground.

·
Registered
418 Posts
ck1mark said:
Please explain the purpose/benefit with a seven wired outlet? There are three sets of wires. Two neutral wires are pigtailed with the additional wire connected to the outlet. One neutral directly connects and is going to the same connecting point as the additional wire from the pigtail. The same setup with the hot wires. The same setup with ground.
Better then pigtailing them all, try and save those wrist

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts

Two neutral wires are pigtailed with the additional wire connected to the outlet.
One neutral directly connects and is going to the same connecting point as the additional wire from the pigtail.

laziness

~CS~

·
Registered
1,812 Posts

much easier to push back into box
(ive seen them with conductors under both screws and back stabbed)
they must have had to use a hydraulic jack to push the outlet into the box:laughing:

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,061 Posts

How many terminals are on the device-- not seven???? Sounds like it is just a feed continuing on.

·
Administrator
Retired EC
24,061 Posts
There's eight on a duplex. Four screws and four backstabs.
Well actually nine- the ground.... But that was not what I was meaning- the title says 7 wire outlet-- we know that does not pertain to a standard outlet so I was seeing if he had something strange there.

He also has pigtails so I am not sure where he is going with this.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I thought he meant 14/2 coming in, 14/2 going out, a hot and neutral pigtail from the device and a ground.

That's seven, right?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts