Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new i/e trainee at a plant and ran across this tool that I'm unsure what it is? Looks like some kind of shaft alignment tool but not sure what application would be for us? Not see any brand make or model on it. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
EC
22,221 Posts
How are you able to sell a tool from the plant you work at?

·
Registered
Electrician
1,089 Posts
Reactions: dronai and splatz

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm a new i/e trainee at a plant and ran across this tool that I'm unsure what it is? Looks like some kind of shaft alignment tool but not sure what application would be for us? Not see any brand make or model on it. Any help would be appreciated

I am a i/e trainee at a plant. I in general like to tinker,fix and build things. While doing that I always like to look out for a good deal. I noticed a ad on craigslist which looked like someone selling some i/e equipment which I recognized from my job at the plant. Valves,actuators,communicators etc. He had 4 of these and I was wondering if I could use them in anyway

·
Conservitum Americum
8,775 Posts
You mean commutators?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haven't " stolen"them yet. Don't even know what they are. Well I see this place is real helpful.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Haven't " stolen"them yet. Don't even know what they are. Well I see this place is real helpful.

My crystal ball is broke right now. Since there are no wires attached to your device, why not try an HVAC site?

Reactions: hlivestock

·
Band Member
DIYer Extrodinaire
6,831 Posts
fencing them is easy, just identifying them

You said they have them where you work.
Why don't you ask them there what they are for ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You said they have them where you work.
Why don't you ask them there what they are for ?
No I never that said and I asked all the older guys and they are puzzled. Best guess is they think it's some kind of coil winder missing pieces like this

·
Band Member
DIYer Extrodinaire
6,831 Posts
I noticed a ad on craigslist which looked like someone selling some i/e equipment which I recognized from my job at the plant.
I must be seeing things. Hang on, I'll ditch to coffee and grab the whiskey:biggrin:

Reactions: hlivestock
1 - 20 of 32 Posts