Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,353 Posts
I see that all the time out here, although that one is pretty good!

·
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nrp3 said:
Open Ko's?
The 1-1/4" coming out of the bottom has back to back LB's, without so much as a piece of bailing wire strapping them, so at some point in time the short nipple between them has broken, and the 1-1/4" is wide open...

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
What kind of insect did that? I see what looks to be a mud wasp top left but the other stuff looks foreign to me.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
8V71 said:
What kind of insect did that? I see what looks to be a mud wasp top left but the other stuff looks foreign to me.
That'd be the 'west Kentucky corn holer' there bud

·
Registered
880 Posts
We call them "mud daubers" in Arizona. They will plug up a receptacle without a cover in no time, and every opening in a transmission or engine left sitting around.

·
corn-fused
4,769 Posts
im no bug expert, but that looks like at least three diffirent kinds of nest! the one about 7 oclock is what we call the paper wasp. meanest nasty bastards youlle every run in to by accident! one of the reasons for my five years of shots!

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
We call them "mud daubers" in Arizona. They will plug up a receptacle without a cover in no time, and every opening in a transmission or engine left sitting around.
I have them real bad at my mountain property. I didn't run my generator for a few months and when I went to start it the exhaust hole was clogged. It was so perfectly sealed that it looked like someone took a finish knife and filled it with brown drywall mud.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
When I did ag work in nor cal everything I touched from June to September had tons of wasps in or on it. The owner of the company allowed us to bill the customer for wasp spray, it was great! Here's the best part of the story. I had a co-worker who was from Laos and would get the nests and eat the larvae as a snack.

·
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nrp3 said:
Too early for the critters here. That a complete do over?
Nope, just a flick with a screwdriver and move on. I would have probably tripped all over myself had it been a month later and the inhabitants were present.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Were the bugs alive or was this just their breeding houses?

U use Bug spray in a live panel?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts