Electrician Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going all? I'm a college student from kansas. I am curently enrolled to get my Electrical Technology AAS. I am not and apprentice yet. I looked into many different options before choosing to go to school. Some said skip school, get on with a contractor and start an apprenticeship. Some said get the education. Anyways, point being. I love to learn, and talk with people who are involved in what I am aiming towards. This seemed like a great place to get in on some great conversation about what makes us all buzz. Hopefully I'm not intruding since I'm not a professional electrician. I am a carpenter though. I may be of some assistance.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
29 Posts
apprenticeship

How's it going all? I'm a college student from kansas. I am curently enrolled to get my Electrical Technology AAS. I am not and apprentice yet. I looked into many different options before choosing to go to school. Some said skip school, get on with a contractor and start an apprenticeship. Some said get the education. Anyways, point being. I love to learn, and talk with people who are involved in what I am aiming towards. This seemed like a great place to get in on some great conversation about what makes us all buzz. Hopefully I'm not intruding since I'm not a professional electrician. I am a carpenter though. I may be of some assistance.

Skip school youll learn everything through your apprenticeship as working in the feild with an licensed electrician and helpers. Youll also be required to take schooling as well. Here in Massachusetts its 10,000 hours labor and 600 hours of schooling thats 4 years schooling with 150 hours a year. Also 5 Years of work figure 2000 hours a year So you will learn everything as you go. Go with a company that does all your schooling there after work and they keep track of everything and no headaches. Stay with that company till you get your ticket then you can do whatever you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts