Electrician Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was is shrink while bending a kick the same as an offset or would it be half? This has been on my brain all day. Does anyone know the shrink per inch of kick or degree of kick in a table form thanks.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,115 Posts
Offset Shrink Table
Angle of Offset Bends

10°
1/16" = .063" shrink per inch of offset

22½°
3/16" = .188" shrink per inch of offset

30°
1/4" = .250" shrink per inch of offset

45°

3/8" = .375" shrink per inch of offset

60°
1/2" = .500" shrink per inch of offset

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Offset Shrink Table
Angle of Offset Bends

10°
1/16" = .063" shrink per inch of offset

22½°
3/16" = .188" shrink per inch of offset

30°
1/4" = .250" shrink per inch of offset

45°

3/8" = .375" shrink per inch of offset

60°
1/2" = .500" shrink per inch of offset
480Sparky,
Do you know if these shrink values are the same for all radius (radii'?) of bends?

That's a nice list BTW.

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Determining shrink values for kicked 90s is the same as figuring for offsets. To find the shrink you must know the angle of the kick and put the center of that bend at the correct spot off the back edge of the 90. I've noticed most people just throw it in the bender and go when kicking 90s. This works fine until you need to do something that requires some precision. You could always bend it long and cut it to length but that's grade A hack

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
[QU OTE=ponyboy;1296945]Determining shrink values for kicked 90s is the same as figuring for offsets. To find the shrink you must know the angle of the kick and put the center of that bend at the correct spot off the back edge of the 90. I've noticed most people just throw it in the bender and go when kicking 90s. This works fine until you need to do something that requires some precision. You could always bend it long and cut it to length but that's grade A hack[/QUOTE] you'd have a tough time getting 10' of emt horizontally through these steel studs on my job right now.

When's lunch?

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Bkessler said:
[QU OTE=ponyboy;1296945]Determining shrink values for kicked 90s is the same as figuring for offsets. To find the shrink you must know the angle of the kick and put the center of that bend at the correct spot off the back edge of the 90. I've noticed most people just throw it in the bender and go when kicking 90s. This works fine until you need to do something that requires some precision. You could always bend it long and cut it to length but that's grade A hack
you'd have a tough time getting 10' of emt horizontally through these steel studs on my job right now. When's lunch?[/QUOTE]
Yeah that sucks. I've been known to take the bottom plate screws out and bunch the studs together to slide a long piece in.

The worst is when the framers don't have enough sense to put the factory holes evenly and at a reasonable height.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.