Electrician Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a customer call the other day claiming that his Siemens Q115AF breaker was humming. (I guess it did not know the words) weak attempt at humor. Sure enough it was vibrating in the panel. There were 2 other AF breakers but they were not noisy. I replaced the culprit with a new AF breaker and it did the same thing. I checked to see what was on the circuit and removed a lamp and several other items but it still did it.
Any suggestions?

·
Modérateur
8,692 Posts
Try this trick is lift the hot conductor from the AFCI breaker if that breaker stay on sans buzzing then you may have issue with that affected circuit you may need to check it closer.

Did you try to move the AFCI breaker to diffrent location just for tempory to see if that buzzing stop if not then you denfienly have circuit issue.

Get this gimzo is Megger that will pinpoint the curpit why it cause the AFCI get funky with it.

Merci.
Marc

·
Banned
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
33,456 Posts
Its pretty common with that brand. I wouldn't get too overly worried about it, if you did have a problem downstream, the breaker is going to trip out sure as shooting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts