Electrician Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
ET rocks
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Is it possible to replace a lug on this breaker, or just buy the whole thing and replace? Thanks.

(This breaker says murray for some reason, but it's the same.)

·
felonious smile.
15,934 Posts
Hey guys. Is it possible to replace a lug on this breaker, or just buy the whole thing and replace? Thanks.

(This breaker says murray for some reason, but it's the same.)
buy a panel from home depot and swap. Then return. A trunk slammer will buy it, use it , and promote a.premature replacement.

·
Electrical Simpleton
3,350 Posts
buy a panel from home depot and swap. Then return. A trunk slammer will buy it, use it , and promote a.premature replacement.
That, or you will be having a frustrating, rush type day and, when not paying close attention, end up getting the same POS you returned a few days ago.

Kharma is a bitch sometimes.

Pete

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Siemens-...Kit-Breaker-MBK200A/100208865?keyword=mbk200a

Here's the breaker, what panel are you guys talking about.

The HD's around here don't stock Siemens. The lowes might tho.

2 hour drive to either one, sucks.:mad:
IMO I'd just replace the breaker. I mean if it is not warranty work and you will be making your money off of it either way I would just suggest replacing it. depending where you get the breaker it might just be cheaper to get the panel with the breaker than just the breaker. I know with some suppliers around here it is cheaper to buy a 16/32 panel with main breaker than to buy just the main breaker on its own.

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Siemens-...Kit-Breaker-MBK200A/100208865?keyword=mbk200a

Here's the breaker, what panel are you guys talking about.

The HD's around here don't stock Siemens. The lowes might tho.

2 hour drive to either one, sucks.:mad:
The HD here stocks Murray too but the website stocks both. I order Siemens panels from the website often because they are priced good. I especially like the 20/40 200A Siemens panel for $99. A lot of people want 200A service upgrades but they only have 10 circuits so that panel works perfectly.

·
ET rocks
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very good.

My OP was to see if the lugs were common to pop in and out because they just tighten against a rail, but i see that's not the way to go now.

Thanks guys. See ya tonight on here.

Get to work.:laughing:

·
Electric Al
4,823 Posts
It's probably cheaper to buy a whole panel, and use the main breaker , than to try buying just the breaker .

I have done this many times , and ended up using the rest of the panel at a later date !

·
ET rocks
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have 2 Siemens MBK 200s if you're interested.
Just got home. Thanks brichter, but got one coming from a dealer in Albuqerque. i appreciate the offer.

You guys remember "Albukoikee" right?

·
ET rocks
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Supply house $74. Not sure what the shipping is yet (maybe 6 or 8 bucks).

·
Can't Remember
10,431 Posts
Always look at whatever you pulled out of the bin, switch, receptacle, etc, and then make sure whats in the box is what you want. How many times has that bit me?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts