Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
11,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else find the newer main breaker Siemens panels have the neutral/ground bar only on one side? Or is it just a bunch of HD returns?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Anyone else find the newer main breaker Siemens panels have the neutral/ground bar only on one side? Or is it just a bunch of HD returns?
This is the reason I stopped buying panels at Home Depot, a 200 Amp Siemens panel from supplier comes with 2 ground/neutral bars and two ground bars

·
Registered
112 Posts
200 amp 40 circuit used to come with neutral/grd bars that went the full length of the bus, no matter if it was al bus or copper and supply house or HD, now they only go halfway down. 100a/24 circuit MB panels now only have a bar on one side, if your using it as a subpanel you need to purchase and additional bar kit. Total BS to me as this used to be my preffered brand for installs. Not sure of 30/30's as i never install them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just did a new house and used a homeline with the lock-on neutrals for AFCI's. not a bad panel and kept the pigtails out, only thing i didn't like was that there isn't alot of 1/2" KO's in the top as they put a big concentric on the left side that took up alot of space.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've never seen that panel before, they must not stock them around here. My only gripe with that is those ground bars at the top are right where the conductors are supposed to be routed IMO. they are in the way and once the hots are laid in there you can't get to them to add circuits without moving everything. why not just run the middle ones all the way down and call it a day?

·
corn-fused
4,769 Posts
most of the panels i see have pretapped evenly spaced holes in the back where you can add a bar or MOVE the one thats in it

1 - 20 of 52 Posts