Electrician Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I will make this a quick question...

I periodically perform secondary current injection tests on Static Trip 3 devices on Siemens RL-800 Rackable low voltage circuit breakers (277/480VAC).

I'm looking for a published data collection sheet for record keeping, specifically from Siemens. I can't seem to find one online.

Is there anyone out there who might know where I could find one? I've tried manufacturers websites, and google of course, but can't seem to find anything out there other than what the NFPA 70B Annex H provides.

I'm standing by to hear back from a Siemens rep that I've contacted about this, but I thought I would try a forum like this also. Maybe there is someone out there who has had this issue before that could guide me to the right website or book. Or maybe there is someone out there who has made one that I could use a reference to create my own?

Ideally I would like to find one from the manufacturer themselves.

Thanks for reading!

~Jose

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Don't think Siemens has one published specifically for the STIII, usually you find those in the test set manuals, I assume you are using the PTS-4 kit?

NETA has test sheets but they are for primary injection tests since secondary injection does not meet their test criteria. Remember when you are only doing a secondary injection test you are just simulating a trip signal to the box so the wiring and CT's are not being tested.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Hello all!

I will make this a quick question...

I periodically perform secondary current injection tests on Static Trip 3 devices on Siemens RL-800 Rackable low voltage circuit breakers (277/480VAC).

I'm looking for a published data collection sheet for record keeping, specifically from Siemens. I can't seem to find one online.

Is there anyone out there who might know where I could find one? I've tried manufacturers websites, and google of course, but can't seem to find anything out there other than what the NFPA 70B Annex H provides.

I'm standing by to hear back from a Siemens rep that I've contacted about this, but I thought I would try a forum like this also. Maybe there is someone out there who has had this issue before that could guide me to the right website or book. Or maybe there is someone out there who has made one that I could use a reference to create my own?

Ideally I would like to find one from the manufacturer themselves.

Thanks for reading!

~Jose

We design our own test sheets that give a basic layout for the basic stuff, address, location date.....Than make the other stuff Secondary specific,That comes close to matching our primary sheets.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for the replies. I ended up meeting with the sales rep from Siemens and he gave me a copy of their Data Collection sheet that they use in house when testing their breakers. I think we are going to adapt something from their data collection sheet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.