Electrician Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a customer who wants to be able to just control a few sets of lights in his kitchen with his phone. I've done some research and it seems any of that requires a whole home automation system. I really haven't done much with any home automation.

Is anyone aware of anything real simple that can have just a few dimmers controlled by an iPhone?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Those look good, but they only work if the switch is left on
So bypass the switch. What's the point of controlling it with your phone if you still need the switch? Ughhhh tooo lazzzy musttt make lighttttss have bluueeeish tinnntt frommm coucchhh :laughing: I actually don't really get the point of having these systems outside of a theater/or if someone is disabled.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
What did you buy? They are talking about a few here no?
Dave, I got mine from Home Depot and it's made by "TCP" in Aurora, OH

I don't have a use for it right now. I just bought it to come-up-to-speed on the technology.

One advantage I see is that it can be controlled in a home via WIFI or over the internet (which I haven't tried yet). And, folks can set up a schedule of on-off times.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.