1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Electrician
2,311 Posts
Liquid Audio equipment Measuring instrument Gadget Font

There amp clamp meter looks good too.

Application
Simpson Power Clamp 1000/400 AC-DC measures, calculate and displays important electrical parameters of single phase or three phase power system. It also features Resistance, continuity, diode and non contact voltage detection.

Product Features
Measures following parameters
AC & DC Voltage up to 1000V
AC & DC Current up to 1000A /400 A Inrush/Peak Value Measurement
Active, Reactive and Apparent Power Horse Power Measurement kWh
Measure up to 49th Harmonics
Phase Angle
THD
DF
Power Factor
Crest Factor
LPF Mode for VFD Application

I'm really curious as to were it's made. I doubt USA. I'm calling tomorrow.

·
Hackenschmidt
13,588 Posts
I've never seen a Simpson meter and not familiar with them but don't they have a reputation as the best meggers?
They make a lot of good products but they are famous for the Simpson 260, a super quality analog meter made in the USA in various versions for decades. I still use an analog meter for certain things and break out the 260 for special occasions.

Communication Device Gadget Rectangle Automotive lighting Art

·
Registered
Residential, lite comm., Industrial
3,804 Posts
most younger guys will prefer a modern digital, simply because the simpson is not simple or fool proof
on top of that it is comparatively very bulky and harder to carry all day

you have to learn how to adjust the controls, and where to put the leads for each task you perform

if you forget to set it up properly, you will damage something, the meter or the work
or you will get an erroneous reading

·
Gold Pliers Champion
2,993 Posts
They make a lot of good products but they are famous for the Simpson 260, a super quality analog meter made in the USA in various versions for decades. I still use an analog meter for certain things and break out the 260 for special occasions.

View attachment 166495
I use that meter every day.

·
Super Moderator
Retired
18,216 Posts

View attachment 166495
This is the meter I cut my teeth on. Every apprentice got one along with the tools they provided. I still think its an excellent meter.
You’re probably thinking of Biddle.
Biddle has a great name in the industry. At least it did. Back then they were all hand crank.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts