Electrician Talk banner

Snap On Screwdrivers

14K views 68 replies 33 participants last post by  bml215 
#1 ·
Bought this set off the truck 2 weeks ago. Sat in my garage unused and now I need some cash for something else, lol. Looking to get 120 shipped to you in the lower 48.

See less See more
#5 ·
I'm not understanding where you got the "I bought them for 20"

As far as the first comment goes, there are industrial electricians that purchase off the tool truck. You think 120 is a lot, look on eBay. These are selling between 120-almost 300 bucks. If I had an eBay account I'd pitch them there.

#35 ·
My thoughts exactly.
The price asked is really reasonable for that set. That said, Snap-On is not just expensive, but stupidly overpriced and I myself would never pay that new.

#29 ·
I have a set from the 70's with that same handle style and I don't like it. Get some oil or grease on your hands and they are useless. The oil leaked out of the plastic and the handles cracked to bits and fell apart. I hear Snap-on will give me a new set because of the defective plastic.

#30 · (Edited)
Snap On didnt make this handle in the 70's. :no: This design was released in the 80's and is made of a polymer material similar to bowling ball and holds up extremely well to even hammer strike. These are a beefier handle then the 60-70s shape all though similar and being less rounded arent real slick when oily either. Before I went sparky I used the same set of Snap On screwdrivers just like these for almost 20 years wrenching professionally and never had to replace a handle.

#33 ·
Did ya happen to notice my join date? I've only sold a few items from time to time on here as paying eBay and PayPal fees are ridiculous. Yes, I own this item and the others that I have sold. Just cause I don't post 6000 posts in 2 years does not mean I don't read and enjoy some of the posts when I have time to log on and read them.

Lol, yeah, I make my living selling tools on ET. Lol

#38 ·
These are Snapon, always the best in quality and that quality comes with a price.

Biggest issue I have with Snapon and my company owns a lot of Snapon torque wrenches and torque screw drivers is.

The warranty does not cover loss through carelessly leaving it around and theft when I lose a Klein or Craftsman screw driver I do not feel so bad. Lose a screwdriver that cost as much as a set of Klein's and I might cry.

PLus the funky colors get nasty looking after a while, Klein mask their dirty funk behind black handles.

Lastly I bought some Snapon black handle screwdrivers and did not like the feel in my hand.

#40 ·
One of the best items Snapon offers is a full range of sockets, Craftsman use to not any more.

Also having the Snapon guy come by the shop is a nice feature.

I bought a complete set of Snapon sockets in 1/4", 3/8", 1/2" drives plus a full set of combo box open end wrenches. Had them about a year and i DC someone broke in and grabbed my tool box, a very nice Kennedy box.

I take it you guys haven't been to garage journal?
And?????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.